Telstar Green Ltd is a privately-owned company, registered in England and Wales under number 10667809, whose registered office is at First Floor Flat, 5 Princes Buildings, Bristol, England, BS8 4LB, trading as HSG (“we”, “us”).
This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time, so please check it regularly for updates. This policy was last updated on 21st July 2022.
If you have any questions about the personal data we hold about you or how we use it you can contact Sophie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not complying with the law when using your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Types of data we collect & store
Most of the personal data we receive is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
1. Personal details
You may supply us with personal information about you, including but not limited to your name, address, email, job title, organisation and telephone number.
By filling in a contact/enquiry form on our website, you consent to HSG using your details to contact you for such a purpose.
2. Details about your business
You may supply us with details about your business so that we may propose or provide services. This may include personal data about individuals within or connected to your business and by doing so you confirm that you have the right to provide their personal data to us.
Research & surveys
We sometimes conduct research on behalf of our clients to better understand a particular audience, sector or market trends. As part of this research, we may contact you to invite you to participate in a discovery call or survey. With regard to surveys, we may also invite respondents to submit their name and contact details so that a representative of HSG can get in touch to ask some follow-up questions. By entering your name and contact details, you consent to a representative of HSG contacting you for such a purpose.
We may collect and aggregate any data, information and/or opinions you voluntarily provide into a report/paper, to be used and published by our client, but this would always be on an anonymised basis (so that it can no longer be associated with you or your business). We may also use such anonymised data for further research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
As well as HSG representatives, we may share your data with:
- HSG staff and representatives for the purpose of conducting the survey and creating the report/paper.
- The client for whom we are conducting the survey.
- A third party research agency.
Who may contact you with regard to the answers you provide.
We also keep records of our communications and interactions with you, for example, email exchanges between us or meeting notes so that we have a record of what might have been agreed or discussed. Such records will be kept for such time as we consider reasonable.
Usage data is collected automatically when visiting our website.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We do not track or pass your usage data to third parties but when you access the website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device.
Why do we collect your data?
We use your data for the following purposes dependent upon the basis of our relationship with you:
- To provide you with information and/or services where we believe you will be interested in this.
- To request information and/or services for the purposes of a contract or prospective contract with you.
- To aggregate information from a survey we are conducting on behalf of a client where you have taken part in a survey.
- For the performance of a contract between us or a contract between you and our client.
- For communications with you related to the contracted services, a specific project or other legitimate business interests.
- And we reserve the right to pass on this data to a third party in connection with the acquisition of our business.
What will we do with your data?
Your data will be processed for one or more of the reasons referred to above all of which are legitimate business interests of HSG.
We may share your data with sub-contractors and third-party agents appointed by and who work with HSG to provide our services and/or support our business. Where data is collected by these sub-contractors and third-party agents we expect them to adopt security practices aligned with our own.
How long will we keep data?
We will not hold your data for any longer than is necessary.
You can ask us to delete your data. See ‘Your rights’ below for additional information.
How we hold your personal information
Your data is handled by HSG staff, who are based in the UK. The data we process may be held internally on our own managed systems, externally on cloud-based services or on the systems of partners who process information on our behalf.
We are committed to storing data securely wherever it is held, and ensuring it is only accessible to authorised personnel. Where data is stored on partner systems we expect them to adopt security practices aligned with our own.
Security of your personal information
The security of your personal data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
As a data subject, any personal data collected may be subject to certain rights under the GDPR:
1. The right to be informed of how and why we are collecting and/or processing your personal data - that is set out in this policy but we may also inform you of why it is being collected and how it is being processed at the time we receive it.
2. The right of access. If you wish to see what information we hold on you, you may send us what is called a Subject Access Request. We will require documentation to verify your identity and we are required to respond within 30 days of receipt of your request. There is no cost to you in requesting to see your data, but please note that we reserve the right to charge you if you make excessive or inappropriate requests.
3. The right to rectification. We offer the opportunity to amend any personal data by contacting us using the details below.
4. The right to erasure. If you wish to erase personal data held by us, we can anonymise or de-identify your data. Please contact us using the details below (“How to contact us”). Please make sure you inform us of all email accounts, profiles, names etc that you may have used with us that you wish to erase.
5. The right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (the "ICO") if you are not satisfied with the way we use your information. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
In the event that we are required by law, court order or regulatory authority to disclose certain types of personal data, we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request.
How to contact us
If you would like to withdraw any information provided, exercise your rights in regards to any personal data shared, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by contacting our Operations Manager, Sophie: email@example.com.